SATURDAY, JULY 28
Note: Registration, Breakfast, Keynote Speaker, Workshops, Lunch will be held at the Irvine Stake Center for 2018 as in years past.
Irvine Stake Center
23 Lake Rd
Irvine, CA 92604
7:30 am am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
Schedule @ Irvine Stake Center:
8:00 – 10:00 am: "Stop Hunger Now" Food Packaging Mega Event hosted by the Laguna Niguel Stake and their Singles
Details to be forthcoming! This huge packaging event needs all hands on deck! Great time to serve and work alongside fellow singles and have fun getting to know each other at the same time
10:10 am -11:20 am: Keynote Address
11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Workshops - Round 1
12:30 pm – 1:15 pm: LUNCH Cultural Hall or Round 2
1:15 pm – 2:15 pm: Workshops - Round 2
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Workshops - Round 3
Keynote and Workshops Attire: Casual Save your Sunday outfit, for Sunday. ;)
Building tip: Irvine Stake Center is a double chapel building with two chapels in the same building. “Lake Chapel” faces Lake Rd and “Woodbridge Chapel” is in the back facing the bigger parking lot and Woodbridge High School. The Cultural Hall, connected to the Lake Chapel, has wood floors, while the Social Hall, adjacent to Woodbridge Chapel, is carpeted. There are also two Relief Society Rooms, and two Primary Rooms, so two of everything. Rooms towards the river are "River Side" Rooms, while rooms towards the ocean are "Ocean Side" Rooms. No worries...we will have maps and signs to lead the way.
Optional afternoon activities
- Kayaking 2:15 pm sharp leave Irvine Stake Center
- Santa Ana Zoo 3-4:30 pm $10.00 - Come monkey around with us and unleash your inner child at this local small zoo; For this event you will need to leave after the 2nd workshop at 2:30 pm.
- Group Paint Activity (after the workshops) - details to be forthcoming, RSVP required through eventbrite; Limited spots Cost TBD, Location: Irvine Stake Center
- A NAP!!! Don't forget to give your self enough down time before this evenings activities!
Newport Aquatic Center (for kayaking or stand up paddleboarding)
1 Whitecliffs Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Kayaking: Meet at the Irvine Stake Center (just next to the registration table) to carpool. Please be changed and ready to leave @ 2:15 pm SHARP as all rentals have to be on the water by 3pm and we get them for 1 hr. If you need to change prior to Kayaking, please do this during lunch as there will not be time after the workshop. It's a 30 minute drive there. Sign up on Event Brite and we will e-mail you. You will pay at the venue: $15/hr for single kayaks or $20/hr for double kayaks. First come, first served at the venue. If kayaks are not in when we get there, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Rentals also available for $20. Just 20 minutes from the Irvine Stake Center. Ample and free parking. All equipment must return to Newport Aquatic Center by 4 pm.
SANTA ANA ZOO DETAILS - forthcoming
GROUP PAINT ACTIVITY DETAILS - forthcoming
Saturday Evening - Havana Nights!
Location - Santa Ana Stake Center, 15 minutes from the stake center near the South Coast Metro area off the 405 freeway, details forthcoming
5:30 pm Registration opens
6:15 - 8:00 pm Catered Dinner
7:30 - 8:30 pm Entertainment TBA
8:30 pm - Midnight - Dj'd Dance, Karaoke, Speed Mingling, Live Music Lounge, Joe's Italian Ice and Game Room
Dress: Fun Havana/Caribbean Style, Hawaiian type prints, florals, Bright Colors!
- Guys – Summer casual - Example: Shorts, Hawaiian shirts, white clothes or linen shirts, fedora, Jeans or slacks paired with a Bright Color Shirt or t-shirt (No swimwear)
- Ladies – Summer casual - Example: Floral/Tropical Attire - Hawaiian style sundresses, Jeans, Shorts, Capris paired with Flowery Blouses or Bright Colors (No swimwear)
Midnight - Optional Saturday Night Mingles/After Parties - will be advertised at the registration desk for any interested in attending as well as on the conference facebook page